Introduction to Ayurveda “The Science of Life”
Introduction to Ayurveda
“The Science of Life”
Sunday, June 11th 2017, 11am-1pm
Ayurveda is the oldest healing science in the world originating in India more than 5,000 years ago. This is an entirely holistic system often called the “Mother of All Healing”.
Its methods are pulled from the ancient Vedas and Ayurveda is considered to be the Science of Life – the oldest form of medicine to date. This system is based on the understanding that our physiology and health is governed by the qualities associated with the elements of earth, water, fire, air and ether. The more we become aware of these elements and how they affect our wellbeing, the easier is to balance our life through diet, herbal remedies, lifestyle, yoga and meditation.
According to Ayurveda balance in mind and body is the divine natural order, harmony is our true nature and can otherwise be defined as health, happiness and a balanced integration with the whole world.
This workshop is suitable for all interested in the basic principles of Ayurveda and how you can apply them to your everyday life:
- what is your constitution – the balance of elemental energies in your body
- daily routine for peace, happiness and spiritual growth
- following nature’s rhythms for every day harmony
- daily practices that support health and well-being
- the Ayurvedic approach to nutrition and diet
- optimal yoga, pranayama and meditation practices for your constitution
“A Yogi who doesn’t know Ayurveda, he is a half Yogi and Ayurvedic physician who doesn’t know yoga, he’s a half physician. Ayurveda and yoga go hand in hand. They are two sides of the same coin.” – Vasant Lad
Room size can only fit 68, please RSVP now to ensure your spot