Live Gong Meditation
I began taking Live Gong Classes while I was still new to yoga and meditation. I took the classes in order to help learn how to calm my monkey mind and to have a better-quality of sleep. That is when I learned the power of the Live Gong Meditation. If you are having trouble sleeping, feeling calmness, are anxious, or experiencing any type of pain, this might be the thing for you!
Sound vibration produced by the Gong is very healing. It is the medicine of the past and future. The Gong was the instrument of the Yogis, and in the ancient texts, it is described as being the instrument that provides the sound of the vibrant energy of the universe responsible for the creation of all living things.
Many cultures knew about the power of the sound, and they used it for healing, releasing, and well-being.
Gong baths are incredibly soothing, body detoxing, and rejuvenating. A gong bath or gong sound meditation is a sound massage for the body and mind.
In the Ancients texts, it was said that if you were taking gong baths for ten days you would be cured of anything. Today, scientists believe that the use of sound is a valuable tool in treating many conditions.
What happens in a Live Gong Meditation?
In a typical gong session, you begin by tuning in 3 times with Adi Mantra (Ong Namo Guroo Dayv Namo), followed by a short warm up movement and a breathing exercise to simply make you more mindful, calm and aware.
After that, you lay down on a comfortable mat with a pillow and a blanket draped over you. You will then close your eyes, and listen to the sound of the gong wash over you.
You will start to notice how your mind/brain changes its state and your body begins to relax. Your body will do what it needs, from sleeping, to having visualizations. When the session is over you will feel like five minutes has passed or a few hours have passed, either way you feel great!
Your body will detox. You must drink lots of clean water afterwards and ground.
Emotions may be noticed. Some people with injuries may not feel pain anymore and some may experience a clearer mind from all the chatter.
Benefits from the Gong Bath:
The Gong is a healing tool for body, mind, and soul on all levels:
- Helps repair the nervous system (including damages of alcohol & drugs);
- Regenerates the neurons and their interconnections;
- Creates deep relaxation and induces a spontaneous meditative state;
- Clears the mind and releases you from the torrent of thoughts;
- Reduces stress related issues: depression, fatigue, anger, hostility, fear and loneliness;
- Stimulates the glandular system to a higher level of functioning;
- Strengthens the immune system;
- Opens the meridians and releases blocks, reduces tension and stimulates circulation;
- Balances all the chakras;
- Enlivens and integrates the ten bodies of the aura;
- Accelerates the development of intuitive sensitivity and visualization;
- Opens the psychic functions of the sixth chakra/3rd eye;
- Clears the sub-conscious mind;
- Gives a sense of expanded awareness and higher consciousness;
The sound of the gong allows you to move beyond the boundaries of the mind. It is like playing a million strings. The gong takes us directly into the original sound current, into perpetual sound – out into space!
You can now purchase our beautiful collection of powerful Gong Meditations that can be used for deep relaxation and to induce a spontaneous meditative state:
“The science of reality is to find the sound and to resound in that sound. Then the soul shall excel and God shall dwell within you.” – Yogi Bhajan